Caramel Cheese cake has been something that I've wanted to create for sometime, but I'd never quite found the right recipe. When I saw the recipe for Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares on Smitten Kitchen and Delicious Magazine's recipe for Mascarpone and Lemon Cheesecake in the same day I figured that it was telling me something. So took both recipes and took the bits I wanted to make caramel cheesecake awesomeness. Then I miniaturised them for bite sized awesomeness.
Cheesecake adapted from Delicious Magazine.
Dulce de Leche from Smitten Kitchen.
500g Cream Cheese
1 Cup Caster Sugar
1 egg yoke
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1) Preheat oven to 140ºC. Place a baking tray half filled with boiling water on the lowest shelf.
2) Cream sugar and cream cheese until well combined.
3) Add eggs and egg yoke and mix.
4) Add mascarpone and vanilla essence and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
5) Spoon mixture into 1/3 Cup/80ml ramekins or similar sized cupcake liners stopping 1cm from the rim. Arrange ramekins in a large baking tray.
6) Place baking tray on the centre shelf in the oven and bake for 40mins. Remove and allow to cool fully, cheesecakes will collapse in on themselves.
7) Make the dulce de leche following the instructions on smitten kitchen.
8) Fill the hole formed in the centre of cheesecakes with dulce de leche. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
The hardest thing about these is stopping at one.