Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Colette Patterns Spring Palette Challenge

Colette Patterns in hosting an interesting take on SWAP or sewing with a plan. Participants pick a spring sewing palette and put it together with an inspiration board and the number of garments they want to sew. I had just been thinking that it might be nice to sew a number of garments that work well together within a colour range. I do have a habit of cutting out a number of different garments out of around 4m of fabric.




Here's my palette:
Inspiration references (Clockwise from top)
Burdastyle 02/2010 103A
BWOF 02/2009 107B
Patrones 293 Pattern 6
Pattern Magic Twist Front Dress
Patrones 292 Pattern 12


I've tried to make the colours size related to the amount of that colour I intend to use in the final collection. The palette is drawn from what fabrics I have been buying recently and takes inspiration from both safari and cruise styles. 

Here are the patterns I'm hoping to get through:
Patrones 292 12


BWOF 01/2009 113


BurdaStyle 02/2010 103A

You can see my completed version here

Light Blue Twist Front Top 

BurdaStyle 09/2010 122

We'll see how I go. I already have 3 of these patterns cut out. I'm hoping to have them done pretty soon so I can move onto the other 2. 

2 comments:

  1. love your palette! I am also participating in the challenge - it's really fun and timely project. Looking forward to your updates!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    Thanks for the complement. It is such a good challenge and fitted in with some of my own personal goals. Have you posted your inspiration palette up yet?

    ReplyDelete